What is Microminipig?
It is a unique laboratory pig developed by our company. It is small and can be handled in a dog cage with a weight of less than 10kg and a body length of less than 80cm at 6 months of age. The breed has been fixed in breeding in Japan from a small potbelly strain as its origin and maintained its closed flock since 2009. It has 8 SLA gene types and can be offered in white and colored bodies (i.e. silver, black and amber) [color reservation possible].
Our company deals with two grades of Microminipigs.
For how to purchase,click here.
- Bred in isolation environment based on our own monitoring standards
- Vaccinated on Mycoplasma disease
- Born by caesarean section, reared by human hand, and bred in a dedicated facility
- Immuno-suppressed model by thymectomy is also available
Immuno-suppressed Microminipig (PDF)
- Microminipig with induced immunity suppression by surgical removal of thymus gland.
- Because it is not a transgenic animal, it can be handled in regular laboratory settings.
- Clean grade animal fully nursed by human hands.
Various Disease Model
- Arteriosclerosis model realized by management of controlled feeding.
- Feeding management during the experiment period can be contracted to our farm.
Please consult us for other disease models.
- We can provide organs and other body parts of Microminipig on demand.
- We also provide practical skills, handling support, and lectures on how to handle Microminipig.
- We also sell original feed (dedicated for Microminipig) jointly developed with Nisshin Marubeni Feed Co., Ltd.